[pct-l] intr

I want to take the opportunity to introduce myself. I'm Jim McEver,
outdoorsman, mountaineer, and PCT section-hiker of some 35+ years
experience. I spent 15 years of my younger life as an instructor and
administrator with Outward Bound, am now an IT exec with an investment
management firm. Talk about contrasts...

This spring, I got a digital camera and started posting photo journals
of my trips - you can check it out at

http://hiker.patch.com

Hopefully coming years will be as full of great trips as this one has
been so far.

I harbor a desire to do a thru, but being a middle aged guy with a
family and financial obligations, chucking it all for 6 months is a
non-trivial problem. I'm hopeful, but retirement seems the best option.
Hopefully I'll be out there for the long one in five or six years.

At any rate, I've really enjoyed following this year's class on
TrailJournals, and have found the list to be alternately informative and
amusing, but always a pleasure. Desiring my own opportunity to ask,
inform, pontificate, and amuse, I thought I'd best make myself official.

Jim McEver
Lake Oswego, OR