[pct-l] 2004 Maildrops

Yes, it is too soon to know what will be available. Even if we knew the EXACT condition of the trail and support services right now, that still wouldn't tell us what would or would not be repaired, rerouted, and available in May 2004.

And there is nothing any of us can do about it (unless we're one of those whose property was damaged).

Go with the flow. Be flexible. Long distance hiking is a journey of discovery and personal growth, of foiling and being foiled by Murphy and the fates. Fortunately, most through-hikers won't get to northern WA until September. By then, the USFS and NPS will have had time to fix at least some of the damage.

Bottom line - if it bothers you that much, put your hike off until 2005 or start at Mojave and go north.

Wandering Bob