[pct-l] S. Calif. Fires vs PCT

I Found this site today that seems to have some better maps of the fires...
I compared what is shown against AAA maps of the areas..

		http://wildfire.cr.usgs.gov/ca_geomac/viewer.htm

Cedar fire

My interpretation indicates that the A8 section from Laguna Campground north
thru A9 and approx to where the PCT crosses the Mason Valley Truck Trail,
1 mile into section A10. This is approx. 10 trail miles.

Old fire

Section C11 from the edge with C10 for approx 4 miles and down into Deep
Creek
where it intersects road 3N20.

Section C14 from the store on hwy 173 west around Silverwood Lake to the end
of Section C 15. maybe 8 trailmiles.

Grand Prix fire

Section D 1 and D 2 approx 2-3 trail miles along the ridge top...

The interpretations are based on the best info available and will need to
be varified on the
PCT when the volunteers are able to get in the areas and see what the trail
conditions are.

You Are Never Too Old To Begin A Thru Hike
SirJames from Southern California
Candidate ... PCT Class of 2008