[pct-l] (no subject)

At 02:40 PM 11/1/2003 -0800, David Dalbey wrote:
>Try Dancing Light Gear.  http://trailquest.net/store.html  They have some
>great prices & I like supporting the little guy!

Though Go-Lite also manufactures them (they are sold through stores like
Campmor), I'd also strongly recommend Rainmaker and Brawny's gear. They
also sell tyvek, lightweight rain gear and Pepsi can stoves. I'm going to
be buying some gear from them this year and find the Silnylon fitted
groundsheet especially interesting.

http://www.trailquest.net/dlgcsilfgs.html

Ron "Fallingwater" Moak sells them at Six Moon Designs as well.

http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/products/accessories.asp

Thru-Hiker.com sells Silnylon and gives instructions on how to make your
own, as well.

http://www.thru-hiker.com/workshop.asp?subcat=12&cid=5

If you have to seal the seams on anything made with Silnylon, use McNett's
SilNet and not SeamGrip. SeamGrip won't hold; the silicon is too slippery.
Six Moon Designs sells SeamGrip, too.

On a semi-related note, has anyone used SilNylon rain gear? Was the lack of
breathing in the fabric a problem?

Tangent