[pct-l] southbounders

Hey Donna,

Very glad to hear you guys were safe from the fires.

Thanks for your update on the southbounders a couple of days ago.  I had been thinking a lot about my friends Shiver & Dawn Treader, the couple you were referring to, and wondering how far south they were by now.  I hiked near them all the way from Tuolumne to the end of my trip at Cascade Locks.  I sent them an e-mail, thinking perhaps they would get it at your place when they arrived.  But, as you may have heard already, they ended their hike at Mojave when they learned of the National Forest closures.  I was very glad, though, to learn that they were safe & not in the middle of a long section with fires threatening.

Glad also to hear about Ryan.  He has had a pretty amazing trip, even from the limited amount that I know.  Started in the very snowbound North cascades in early June.  That must have been both incredibly beautiful and incredibly difficult.  I met him in Seiad Valley just after he won the Pancake Challenge, the same day that Tuna & I failed.  Was he still going by "Pancake"?

Ajax