[pct-l] Flood damage in N Washington

I can imagine standing where the bridge goes over Milk Creek, looking
upstream and seeing nothing but brush and rocks, and looking downstream to
the meadow, and where the creek finally flows into the Suiattle River.  I
can't imagine a safe crossing before late August.

And crossing the Suiattle, if that bridge was washed out?  I can see
carrying a grappling hook and tossing it over one of the downed trees on the
other side of the river and pulling myself across, or letting the stream
pull me across as I float downstream.  Carrying a grappling hook and 100' of
1/2" rope.  Sounds like an adventure...

Jeff Olson
Laramie WY, where we're girding the loins for 6" of snow over the next
couple days..l.