[pct-l] Flood damage in N Washington

I don't know how much of the PCT will have to be skipped.  What I do know is
that those washed-out bridges mentioned in the article are over
rivers/creeks which are HUGE and fast-flowing.  They also come out of the
glaciers, so the water looks like milk.  I would not want to ford those
creeks.  The water looks too fast, and you can't see through it.  These
creeks are way more than anything you'll see in the Sierras.  Of course,
there may be good crossings upstream or downstream from the location of the
bridges.  I don't know, cause I didn't need to look.

The PCT is not the only trail in the woods.  If the official PCT is closed,
you'll have an alternate route.  By the time northbound hikers get to
Northern Washington, I would imagine the local authorities will have this
figured out.  They know you're coming.  As we learned this year, nature
doesn't care if we walk the PCT.  Fires, snow, and rain may force a detour.
When that happens, the detour becomes your PCT.  It's the trail that you had
when you were at that spot.  If you could walk the official PCT, you would.
But, when you can't, you make the best informed choice, and take another
trail.

For what it's worth, the detour this year around the Rainy Pass fire was
BEAUTIFUL.  Well, except for the 16-mile road walk.  The other 26 miles of
the detour were fantastic.  And we never would have seen that if it wasn't
for the fire.

Never get a busy signal because you are always connected  with high-speed
Internet access. Click here to comparison-shop providers.
https://broadband.msn.com