[pct-l] Hitch hiking

This year was my first backpacking experience and my first hitch hiking experience. I had to hitch from Kennedy Meadows to Lone Pine approx. 65 road miles. At first I was a bit doubtful. After meeting a nice couple in Kennedy Meadows who drove me to a truck stop outside of Ridgecrest; and then, meeting another couple with two boys who drove me to Lone Pine, my fears were alleviated. After that first experience, it seemed like whenever I needed a ride, one appeared with me meeting a new friend(s).