[pct-l] Sending cheese

We have carried 1 oz individually vacuum packed mozarella string cheese for up
to a month with no ill effects and no refrigeration.  We started a trip with
two weeks worth, and left another three weeks  in a cooler (no ice) in the van
to pick up at resupply.  It got sharper, but tasted fine to us.  We never saw
any spoilage.
With VVR charging $1 per stick, I am happy to pay the postage to mail some to
myself.  Please don't interpret this as an attack on VVR, I love the place and
have spent plenty of money there happily.  But I would rather spend money for a
hot restaurant meal there than buy all the food I need for resupply.
Marion Davison