[pct-l] guide books

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Willett" <chwillet@indiana.edu>
To: "Judith Rush" <crush@ptd.net>
Cc: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 5:10 AM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] guide books

My pet peeve is that the author sometimes loses focus on what through-hikers
find important. You must admit that most copies of the book are purchased by
through hikers so we are within our rights to expect that particular slant.

Case in point...From Hwy 58 to Golden Oaks spring. The last 10 miles of this
hot, waterless stretch are particularly difficult...but the book uses only
about 18 words to describe this 10 mile section...It describes few landmarks
along the way..nothing to let you know exactly how close or how far you are
from the water source...instead, it goes into a 1000 word diatribe on the
new turbines that the windmill farm is using....
Totally worthless info...

Redwood