[pct-l] Re: Esbit Availability

I've never seen Esbit tabs for sale in stores except
at larger REIs.  Theoretically, you shouldn't run out
of them unless you miss a mail drop or such, since you
can visually see clearly how much fuel you have -
unlike liquid fuels which are more of a "guesstimate."

Also, you can break them in half or pieces and burn
only what you need, though this is sorta tedious.  I
usually light up a whole tab, and it boils my dinner
and stays lit another 4-5 minutes after my dinner is
done cooking.

You know, Esbits are not supposed to smell, but stored
in the gear closet, they start stinking worse than the
funky pack-clothes-bag smell.  Like rotten eggs.  I
don't smell them on the trail.

I had horrible experiences with mail at POs in
California before...including lost stuff, stolen
stuff, broken boxes...hope that is improving.

Nocona