[pct-l] Re: Hitching

While in town stops I've seen hikers schmooze up to
unsuspecting folks for the sake of a ride.

Personally, I'd rather walk ten miles on asphalt, on
the hottest day of the year with no water, than to
turn on the sleaze and used car salesman tactics.

Personally, I endorse the old fashioned method,
standing by the side of the road with my thumb out.
This gives the other person a comfortable space in
which to say, 'no', instead of you putting them on
the spot and trying to drag the unsuspecting driver
into your experience.

Yeah, you may get some sleaze-balls with your thumb
out.

The driver who takes the time and effort to pull over
is doing so because they really want to. Not because
you're standing in their face asking for a ride.

I've never learned the art schmoozing up to someone
for the sake of meeting my needs. I hope I never do.

Scott Parks

Art          : http://DelNorteResort.Com/art
Hiking    : http://DelNorteResort.Com/pct
Home     : http://DelNorteResort.Com/stillroaming