[pct-l] Mail Drops - Cajon Pass, Pink Motel, Quincy, Timberline?

wasn't any food on the shelves when I went through in 2000, but I've heard they
have improved.

This year, when I went through there was plenty... and I mean plenty.  They
had small numbers of dozens of items that would have been acceptable to get you
to either Lone Pine or Kearsarge. I went out at Lone Pine, over Cottonwood
Pass.  It took me two and a half days from Kennedy Meadows.   I prefer Lone Pine
because it has everything you need and the hitch from Horseshoe Meadows is
relatively easy... tho I must say the two times I have hitched out of Kearsarge
have not been too bad.  I carried 7 days of food from Cottonwood Pass and made
it on seeds and stems to VVR.  I planned on buying food to get to Red's
Meadows, but Her Majesty's 16th Signal Corps had left enough British MRE's in the
hiker box to get to Canada, so the four days  to Tuolumne Meadows  was calorie
heaven.  I did check out the store in Red's Meadows and it had sufficient for
the two days to Tuolumne with no problems.

No Way
Ray E