[pct-l] Resupply - my questions

I posted a list of questions about resupply at certain
locales.  Thanks to everyone who posted advice.  I
walked from Campo to Independence in 2000, so I am set
on my strategy, and I know the towns well up to
Mammoth Lks.

I am only sending four "home drops," which will be
loaded with a fresh set of guidebook sections, my
delicious homemade dehydrated food, winter gear for
Sierras and WA and other important goodies.  Mail is
too expensive from TX to CA to warrant sending more
boxes from home, and I don't like being tied to POs.
These four home drops will come to me at places I know
I'll take at least one whole day off (Agua Dulce, Lone
Pine, Etna, Cascade Locks)

My advice to all is to buy the majority of your food
in towns along the way.  You can resupply at the
lesser "towns," like Cabazon and Cajon Pass, but the
selections and price aren't great.  My plan is to mail
food ahead from well-stocked towns (e.g. Wrightwood)
up to less well-stocked places.  Where I can buy food,
I always will.  But there a few spots where you don't
want to or can't buy it (I didn't see much at Kennedy
Mdws the year I was there), and you need a food drop.
Thus, my questions.....

Buying food along the way is cheaper, more flexible
and less of a hassle.  Mailing food drops only where
necessary along the way is, in my opinion, the way to
go.

I'm also sending a bump box (or floater box) up the
trail with me.  Where I send it varies, but it is
something I see once every 2-3 weeks.

If anyone has questions about this strategy, I'd be
happy to send more details.

Nocona
AT98, 1/3-PCT00, PCT04!