[pct-l] Resupply

At 04:22 PM 10/21/2003 -0400, CMountainDave@aol.com wrote:
>   People should give Leavenworth a thought when at Steven's Pass. Much
> better
>groceries than Skykomish and on the dry side. You have to hitch either way

Not exactly. There is a bus that will pick you up and take you into
Skykomish.  I believe the cost was $8 (my memory is spotty). I had heard
about the bus, but after not being able to find the bus stop (there was no
sign), started to hitch. A bus swung over, picked me up and dropped me off
at Skykomish. I guess the driver is used to seeing through hikers.

Skykomish was a nice stop. As I organized my supplies on a park bench, I
received 2 offers for rides to the trailhead, a new pair of Superfeet and
batteries. Trail Angels took me and gave me a shower and the local diner
was decent. The local food store, however, was sparse.

Next year, I plan to try Leavenworth as I plan to buy as I go. Last time, I
sent my packages out of San Francisco and the postage got pricey by Oregon.
Now, I live in Canada and don't even want to consider what the postage
would be.

Tangent