[pct-l] Hike partner on 11/8 to do first 20 mi from Mex Border

I'd recommend hiking northbound. First, you start "at the beginning."
Second, the start is not as enjoyable as what is to come.

I agree that it would be nice to hike this area with a partner or more. The
illegals won't bother you unless they really need something (dying of
thirst, etc.) The potential problems are those you prey on the illegals -
smugglers, bandits, etc. I have never seen or had a problem, but if you're
concerned it's worth the peace of mind of being with a group. I went to my
first ADZPCTKO just so I'd have someone to hike this section with.

There aren't many options for breaking this into smaller chunks. The only
road crossing is Hwy. 94 which is only a couple miles north of the border.
You could hike north from there 10 miles and return, or south from Lake
Morena and return. There is a locked dirt road into Hauser Canyon that
provides access a mile or so to the trail. Bring a good topo map as there's
a lot of intersecting roads and trails on that access.

AsABat