[pct-l] Snow - was long, now not so much

I hiked a portion of the JMT and the vicinity in late April/early May of
2003. Snow was still present in many areas above 9000'. Crampons, Snowshoes
and Ice Axes were all useful in many areas, especially above 12,000'. All
the lakes above 9000' were still frozen over. For Thru Hiking purposes, I
wouldn't recommend trying it before June as we were tested even with the
equipment we had brought with us. It rained, snowed and hailed almost every
day on the trail and nighttime temperatures dropped below freezing. On a
return trip in Late May, snow had receeded from all but the north face areas
below 10,000'.

Sean aka Tick