[pct-l] the one month mark.

--- CMountainDave@aol.com wrote:
> Ever hear the phrase "Freedom of the Hills? I enjoyed the total freedom most
> of all. One can't get that feeling on a two week trip. One gets it only after
> a feeling of permanence is felt after about a month with five to go. As far as

Thru-hikers I met a couple of years ago at Stehekin also described the "one month"
the "real world" fades into the distance.

I"ve been curious about the "magic" of the one month mark ever since.  This has recently
become more than idle curiosity, as I am considering section hiking the PCT in approximately
one month chunks - unfortunate timing if the one month mark is so pivotal.

Is the one month mark magical?
I would be very interested in hearing of thru-hikers experiences/thoughts regarding
turning points in there hiking experience at the one month-mark, and/or at other
times along there hike.

Michael Arnold (no trail name yet!)