[pct-l] Section Hiking - Wildheart

Enjoyed hearing about Wildheart's 10 year plan to hike the P.C.T.  I, too, am on such a schedule, although I started 10 years later than he did.  I began 7 years ago in my 60th year and plan to finish three years hence in my 70th year, with a summit of Mt. Whitney as icing on the cake!  I am definitely a weather wimp and try to be in the best place at the best time (didn't plan quite right in So. Cal and nearly boiled to death).  I go out twice a year for two weeks (150 miles each time, for a total of 300 a year).  Although I only can do about 10 miles a day, I love the feeling of being self-sufficient in the wilderness.  Would love to hear from any other senior women out there.

So long,

Jane Dods
(T.O.B. - Tough Old Broad)