[pct-l] CCC cuts - Hayduke

Hayduke wrote: "You have to realize that not all Californians get any direct
benefit from the CCC's efforts."

Well maybe not, but the efforts of organisations like CCC make California a
better place to hike for overseas visitors like myself (I'm planning to
thru' hike next year). I hiked in Yosemite a couple of years back and found
guys doing a terrific job maintaining the trails. Trails in general were in
a much better state than many trails in the UK.

If, however, Californian trails fall into a poor state of repair because
some short-sighted politicians swing their finance axe on perceived soft
targets, then eventually hikers from other parts of the world will start to
bypass California. And the tourist dollar they bring with them will go
elsewhere.

John