[pct-l] Late JMT start?

I was on the JMT from 9/15 to 9/22 this year and met about a dozen
groups who were doing the whole JMT. The weather was perfect for us,
though we never ruled out the possibility of a storm or two. Last year I
was in there in October and got a foot of snow in the middle of our
trip. A day later it was mostly gone and we finished the trip as
planned. The only thing that would dissuade me from doing the whole JMT
in September would be if there was a really bad weather trend at the
start.
-Ron