[pct-l] California - CCC Closures

I'd like to make sure I see the big picture before I condemn any one
particular politician. (for the record, I do not live in california).

If there is a "budget crisis", then they are gonna have to cut
something and that is just a fact.  What I would be more curious
about is if the CCC recieved deeper cuts than other agencies.

I always thought that balancing the budget would be a simple task:

1.  figure out how much the deficit is at currecnt spending levels.

2.  evenly distribute enough cuts among ALL programs that are
eligible for cuts (some programs are legislated to recieve a certain
percentage of the totaly budget, etc).

I mean, if I get a 20% cut in my salary, then me and my family will
have to cut 20% out of our entertainment budget, 20% from our food
budget, 20% of our household products budget, and so on.

As a society, california has already decided the apportionment of the
budget that each program should get, so as long as the apportionment
stays the same and everyone shares in the pain of the poor economy,
how can anyone complain?

peace,
dude