[pct-l] Map resources

"I'm looking for map resources for the trail."

Jim
=================

A terrific free resource for the southernmost sections:

http://www.hikermaps.com/

I found this link at Glen Van Peski's site. Lots of interesting stuff
there. The maps look well annotated. I have not field tested one.

I have the Tom Harrison JMT maps. I assume you do too. I think I will
print copies double sided to cut down on the traveling paperwight.

About the morethanamile.com source that Jerry posted: the site says
these work on Macintosh computers. Looks very interesting. Does anyone
have experience with these on a Mac?

About other  computer sources. I have used MapTech and TopoUSA. Both
are PC only. TopoUSAr is useless for me. MapTech is good for study of
local trips - where you work on a single topo in great detail. I cannot
imagine building an annotated map out of either, which is sort of what
hikermaps did. Looks like the same thing was done by the morethanamile
guy. This would be an enormous amount of work with MapTech.

Way off topic - I have some more pack musings  - email me if you are
still interested.

jej