[pct-l] vegetarian

When I hiked the AT in 2001 all my meals on the trail were vegetarian. In
the South I had meat in town a couple of times, in the North I usually had
fish ones a week during a town stop. I lost some weight during the first
half of the hike but by the end I was back to my original weight.
I made sure that my meals were rather balanced from a point of nutrition.
Almost all of my meals were instant hiking food from a German supplier. I
always added some flavoring including Japanese seaweed, dried Tofu, etc. I
also always added some oil including to my Muesli. I changed between olive
oil, pumpkin seed oil and some other flavorful oils. I was not racing but
hiked relatively fast (111 days Ga-Me)
Next year when I hopefully do a month of hiking in the North of the PCT I
will stick to the same diet.
Matterhorn AT01