[pct-l] timing for so cal sections

Hiking sections A and E at the end of March is possible in some years,
however, it depends upon the amount of snow in the southern mountains that winter
and the recent weather before you start (i.e. whether cold weather has preserved
the snow).  You can check with local websites and local PCT supporters who
live near these sections for up-to-date information.

Recognize that March is typically one of the wettest and windiest months in
Southern California.

As for water sources in sections B, C and D in June, some of the "trail
angel" supplied sources may still have water then, but you had better identify and
contact them if you are going to count on them.  Other natural sources can be
scarce by then.  Again, check with local PCT supporters in those areas just
before you go.

IMHO,

Greg Hummel
"Strider"