[pct-l] Re: JMT Record Hike

I did JMT in 2002, finishing on Mt. Whitney somewhere around Aug 18 - don't
have calendar handy. I met a group of I think 4 near Wright Creek, and later as
I was going up Whitney, not quite to Trail Crest, I saw this group of 4 way
down below me, near Guitar Lake, and going cross country to some further lakes.
 Then they started up the Whitney trail, and passed me before I hit Trail
Crest.  We both camped on Whitney overnight. The group was a man and 3 women,
with lightweight gear.  The man's name was Brian. One of the women asked me if I
had ever heard of Flying Brian, and told me they had made it there from
Yosemite in 4 days.

Ralph Alcorn
www.backpack45.com
Shepherd Canyon Books
Publisher of We're in the Mountains, Not Over the Hill: Tales and Tips from
Seasoned Women Backpackers