[pct-l] Questions on the Amazing Hike

Excellent analysis John. Thanks for really digging in to the numbers.  I'd
also like to publicly thank "old gal" Marge for forwarding some questions
from me, John and others to Rudy, Zeb's mom.  Just so you all know, her
response to specific mileage/day queries was

"I'm not the person to count for individual days/mileage."

with a promise to forward questions to her apparently very busy son.

I'm reminded a bit of the cartoon that shows a physics professor and
graduate student engaged in a calculation that spans many blackboards.  On
the last blackboard, the equations fade to illegibility followed by a
circled answer and the phrase "and then a miracle occurred..."  The
professor, pondering the meaning, says, "I don't think I quite follow this
last step..."

Henry