[pct-l] Affording a thru hike

I'm contemplating a thru-hike beginning June 1, 2005.  At 51 I'm thinking I
plan for it now and then do it, or I'm likely to make excuses until I die.

This involves leaving a tenure track university position, selling the house,
paying off the rest of the student loans, getting a camper for the Dakota,
and making sure I have enough money to go to Mantanchen Bay, Mexico to learn
to surf after the hike.  That's the other part of dying happy - learning to
surf.

I can probably get another job at a university, but if not, I'll embark on
my fourth career.  Where there is a will, there is a way...

Jeff Olson
Laramie, Wyoming,