[pct-l] re:Old PCT Diamond-Shaped Sign

>>An old PCT trail marker, the diamond-shaped ones
>>with a green pine tree  on
>>it, sold on ebay today for $58.75!

>>PCT nostalgia is gaining popularity.

A few months ago, the PCTA Communicator had a brief
blurb about how these signs are being stolen from the
trail and should be returned.

Wrote an e-mail to them saying that maybe they should
make reproductions of the classic sign for sale.

It would raise money for the PCTA and cut down on the
stealing of these momentos that can be spotted from
time to time on the trail (esp. in Oregon and
Washington).

The ATC sells a replica AT "Diamond" trail marker, and
it sells well.

Now Greg brings up how a sign sold for $60 on e-bay!

I know I would by a replica to hang on my wall or
whatever...and I am sure other people would, too.

Anyone else out there on PCT-L think this idea has
merit?

=====