[pct-l] Re: (clueless hikers)

Some may think Dude is exaggerating but he's right on. I may have told this
one before but...

In '97 I led a Scout group from Kearsarge Pass to Whitney. I warned them
that we would enter "The Zoo" (Whitney Trail) the last day. After an
enjoyable 7-day hike, almost back to the car, and feeling great, we meet two
young couples with two small kids each. I cheerfully as them where they're
headed. "To the top" they equally cheerfully reply. I see that the eight of
them are all dressed in shorts, tank tops, and tennis shoes, with just one
very small day pack between them. The day before the hail was coming
sideways and lightning was striking the peak. I asked if they had rain gear,
to which they replied that it had been nice all weekend and they weren't
worried.

I thought about turning them in for child endangerment, but realized there
is no way they would even make Outpost Camp.

AsABat