[pct-l] Tarptent in heavy rain

I'm leaving next Monday for a 6-day stint in the Sierras and I'll be using my Virga for the first time. I appreciate the suggestions here! I'm sure I'll be better prepared for the weather. Unfortunately, the extended Sierra forecast calls for no precipitation, so I may have to wait for my last-hike-of-the-season here in the Northwest to put these rain-proofing techniques to test.

I will also be interested in seeing how warm I sleep in the Virga. On my Sierra trip last October I only had an 8x10 tarp. Between the wind whipping through and the 10 degree temperatures I was quite cold at night.

I'll report back after my trip.

Ron
PCT '87 - '0?