[pct-l] Bear at Little Jimmy

Greg,

I am so sad to read your post about "my" bear.  I've been hearing about its campground rummaging for the past few years, and there has been a progression of frequency and intensity of its activities, especially this year.  In most accounts of this bear's hauntings, it was targeting folks who were NOT thru-hiking, but other campers who were up there exhibiting unsafe food and storage practices.  None of them were stealth camping, so food was being prepared and stored there.

I was afraid that the bear was killed in the fires last year, and was actually glad to hear that it was back with its antics.  I wonder if the fires destroyed its natural sources of food, making the campground more important in its search for sustenance.  I can only hope its demise was swift and humane, since humans (in general) are to blame for what's happened.

It's funny how we all hear Tom's passionate admonitions.

-=Donna Saufley=-