[pct-l] History

I am planning to backpack the Oregon section of the PCT next summer.  Does anyone know of any resources related to the "people" history of the trail and the areas the trail passes through?  I've found numerable resources on the geology... but i am looking for history related to the people using, visiting, or traveling through the land.  Examples would be the train robbery near the Ore/Cali border, Pioneer experiences, etc.

Thanks,
Aranare  : )