[pct-l] The Mojave Work Camp...

The Tejon Ranch sold a very large piece of itself to the government
this summer to be developed as wildlife or wilderness corridor or
something like that.  I read about it while in Big Bear, I believe.  I
don't remember where on the ranch it is located, but it did seem to be a
big chunk of land.  I liked walk from Jack Fair's place to HWY58.  It is
probably one of least appreciated sections, though, judging by the hikers
in Mojave when I got there.

Chris

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, David hiking PCNST in bits wrote:

> It's not exactly Arbeit Macht Frei but it's not exactly traditional
> desert hospitality either, even in the Jack Fair tradition as I've heard it.
>
> Maybe if enough people are seen getting water out of the aqueduct, the
> aqueduct people will figure out an easier way for them to do it.
>
> The right solution - not likely during the current administration - would be
> to get the trail back on the crest where it was supposed to be in the first
> place.   The Tejon Ranch real estate development corporation
> (http://www.tejonranch.com/dsp_home.cfm) has been fighting that for 35
> years.

Christopher Willett
Department of Mathematics