[pct-l] Info " Hot" off the Trail

No doubt many will disagree with me, but here goes.

I too have thru hiked the PCT.  I am grateful to the
Saufleys and Andersons and Middletons and many others
for their help and hospitality.  My hike was better
because of it, and I will always be thankful.

However, at no time did I feel entitled to this help.
It seems to me that we should appreciate any help that
we get, but expect nothing.  Since when do we thru
hikers have the right to expect anything, never mind
question the furnishings of the bunk house or become
angry because there are conditions for our water and
our two hours in the shade.  If we aren't happy with
the conditions, and don't wish to meet them, then we
should move on as you suggest.  There is water at the
store down the road or at the school just north.

Trail angels, trail workers, water stashers, thanks.

Larry H