[pct-l] Re: pct-l Digest, Vol 4, Issue 31

I am a section hiker, we just got back from 30 plus miles from Steven's Pass
to Pass Creek and 30 miles between Hart's Pass and Rainy Pass.  Between
Steven's Pass and Pass Creek, we saw no thru hikers (Aug. 24th-26th).  But between
Hart's Pass and Rainy Pass we talked with Rydog and Graham, who should be out
by now.  We saw them on August 28th, going up to Hart's Pass.  We also spoke
with a gentleman at Rainy Pass who was waiting for his wife, and 3 others.
Their names were Cliffhanger, Steady, Shutterbug and Sunburn.  The gentleman said
they were doing well.  Rydog said he had been doing 30 mile days, and was
trying to slow down and enjoy the scenery.  We handed over some of our food as we
had more than we needed.  Graham said he was having trouble with tendenitis
and plantarfacisitis.  He said he would be glad to be done.

Trail condition and weather was great last week on both sections.  We
especially liked the blasted out section just north of Pear Lake on the newer section
of trail.  What a view.  And of course the trail between Hart's Pass and
Rainy Pass was magnificent.  Hikers were a little dry between Cutthroat Pass and
Snowy Lakes, as most of the water in that section has dried up.  So, make sure
if you are heading up to Snowy Lakes from Rainy Pass that you have 2 liters of
water each to get you to Snowy Lakes.  Then fill up again at Brush Creek,as
the water is scarce with only one supply down off the east ridge after you get
to the top of the pass and head toward Tatie Peak.

Also, we heard from Laughy Taffy and Troll.  They left Cascade Locks heading
north on August 28th.  They are doing great.  We missed them since we were
hiking.

Sparrow and Blind Pig