[pct-l] Alcohol stove wicks and Tent Workmenship

 The fiberglass wick on the  " Cat Stove" or most homemade stoves serves two
funtions. While the cat stove will work without any insultion ,it will not be
at it's best. The fiberglass allows alcohol to burn at a uniform rate instead
of a large burn at the time it is lit  and little flame toward the end. The
insultion wicks fuel closer to top of burner which helps at the beginning of
using the stove as well. It allows fuel to burn longer also.
   I built two of Roy's cat stoves once and made one with no fiberglass and
the other with none. Results were amazing in the difference.
     Tents???  While golight tents like the cave may be good quality, where
are they made?? Most of todays' mass produced items are farmed out to Asia to
be sewn. Sixmoon design tents are sewn up here in Seattle by the same guy who
did most of REi's work in the 70's before they jumped on the Asian bandwagon.
Workship ( Or Craftmanship ) are words no longer used in the U.S.  Everyone
looks at gear and judges by total weight of an item only. I don't know where
Henry's tents are made ,but they look like great tents !  In terms of companies,
smaller is usually better. (Aka,Peter limmer boots)