[pct-l] Ray Jardine Rules??

> Yes, Ounce Nazis are still out there pushing the limits. Maybe
> someone will hike the PCT with no sleeping pad or tent or tarp
> some day and a 6 pound pack!!! ( We can only hope)

Actually, many people have already attained 6.x lbs .  I did last
summer, and I carried a pad, down blanket, and a bivy.  Dropping all
three of those, I could have gotten way under 4 lbs.  ...but there is
no way I could do that.  Maybe there are some "once nazi's" that can
live without sleeping gear, but not me.  I did hear that the
infamous "wolf" only carries a bivy bag (no pad, not sleeping bag).

Technology improves every season.  For example, the Patagonia
DragonFly rain jacket is only 3 oz!!  That has to be half as light as
any other rain jacket before it.

peace!
dude