[pct-l] Tents

Eric,

I carried a Hilleberg Akto one person tent for my
thru-hike of the PCT last year. It was brilliant, it
pitches very quickly and has loads of room compared to
some of the other one person tents around. A large
porch, so your backpack can go there instead of having
to put it either outside or inside the tent. It weighs
in at almost exactly 1.5kg (3lb 5oz). I am going to
replace the pole with a carbon fibre one to save
around 4 oz (as I remember) when I can. Having
problems getting hold of one from fibraplex though !!
Must be that I'm in the UK.
Ok - and it's a 4 season tent, so very stable in
storms !

Hope this helps,

Daryl

PCT 2002