[pct-l] More on Mt. Jeff. Fires

Yesterday it was reported on the forest service web site that the B and B
complex fires (Booth and Bear butte) had jumped the PCT and is now on the
west as well as the east sides of the trail and burning at Santaim Pass,
Section F3. It has also jumped 22 and is on the south side of the road as
well as the north. See previous post for hiker evacuation and by-pass rides
for thru-hikers.

Also FYI, President Bush is in the area of the fire today not far from
Santiam Pass giving a speech, this had been scheduled for some time and was
not a visit intended to be on the fire, but forestry management. Could the
two events be related? I certainly hope not. Currently, fire cause is not
known.

I just hiked the section two weeks ago and all looked well. Even met several
of the Mexico to Canada thru-hikers. I wish everyone well on their trek
north and south. Brian

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental