[pct-l] Yet another virus

At 05:39 PM 8/19/03, Christine  Kudija wrote:
>Am I the only one experiencing a flood of attachment-laden emails from
>various list members today?  seems that there's a virus afoot that's
>hijacked our list again....

The list has not been hijacked, but someone who is either a list member ,
or has browsed the archives online and has list email addresses in the
browser cache, has been infected.

The virus is forging the "from" addresses (called "spoofing" in the geek
world) similar to the way the Klez virus did. See
http://news.com.com/2100-1001-916945.html

PCT-L Admin