[pct-l] Pairs of shoes for the PCT

 New Balance 800 series are the shoes to get. Now the model is the 806, last
year it was the 805. I still own 2 pair of 803's  from a few years ago that
are great .
    The number of pair you use on a thru-hike depends on several things.  I
know a number of friends that had no problem with using only 2 pair on the PCT.
I also saw a pair of 805's that 1,800 miles on them and they weren't pretty!!
    Heavy hikers are helped by after market insoles( Superfeet have a large
following) I also know a few hikers that used 5 pair of shoes , but they are
the exception.
    I have even climbed Mt. Adams with lightweight Alum. crampons on my 803's
and they were great!~!! All feet are a bit different and your weight , pack
weight , if  you use poles or not and matter.
    All the geezers in the 70's used heavy boots, and I can vouch that the
running  shoe kick is sweet and adds years to aging legs!!!