[pct-l] pct in February

I don't believe you'll make it, at least not on the trail.  Sections A-D have
been tested by the best, with the late April start date at Campo to the 6/15
departure from Kennedy Meadows.   Section B ends up with a hike across Fuller
Ridge at 8300+, a section that is snow covered and dangerous through most
Aprils, into Mays.   Section C's climb into the San Bernardinos sees snow most
years well into May.   You will be totally on your own from Campo to Warner
Springs.   The thought of going around Garnet Mt in the Mt. Stephenson area in
February, with the wind and exposure, is daunting.   With the wind, you'll need to
look like Elmer the Eskimo.  In my opinion, hiking sections A and B in
Feb/Mar are as dangerous as hiking the High Sierra in the same months.

john randall