[pct-l] Old Kelty Pack - 2

On Saturday, August 16, 2003, at 11:44 PM, Carl Siechert wrote:

> Although Dick hasn't had anything to do with Kelty Pack for over 20
> years
> now, he is still alive and living in Glendale. At least he was in the
> spring
> of last year, which is the last time I spoke with him. And last summer
> the
> Pasadena Star-News published a nice article about him and his wife Nena.
>
> Carl
> 1977 Kelty Kid

Thanks Carl:

My memory failed - it's good to know that a backpacking "elder of the
tribe" remains with us.

In my earlier note I forgot to mention that the price of the BB5 was
stated for the model with the Mountaineer packframe and not the
Backpacker packframe, which sold for $1.80 less. The Backkpacker frame
lacked the curved top Mountaineer crossbar, but other details were
similar.

Campy
Central California Trail Coordinator
"Home of the High Sierra Trail Gorillas"
Pacific Crest Trail Association
Bishop CA Tel.: 760-872-2338
Email: tap "Reply"

http://www.trailprojects.com  or
http://www.trailvolunteer.com  click on PCT

"Time spent doing trail work shall not be deducted from your life!"