[pct-l] final questions

Sandy: here is my two cents worth:
1.Not sure about bugs in the Three Sisters in mid Aug since I went through that area much later- around Sept 15, by then they weren't a problem.
2.Trail runners work really well if your going relatively light.  If you've got more than 25-30 lbs, consider boots.  Also note that "trail runners" are a relatively new breed of sneakers.  make sure the runners you use have a good thread.  I wouldn't get the Gortex lined runners.  They kept more water in and harder to dry.
3. Three sisters had relatively many good clean water sources.  -maybe just take some iodine for emergency.
I too am looking for a replacement to safewater's inline filter- I think the company went broke.

good luck
Vivek

Sandi Scheinberg <Sandi@bark-out.org> wrote:
Leaving any day, so let me throw all my final questions to you pros at
once-
1) Will I need DEET, or some other toxic potion, going through Three
Sisters area in about a week? I am au natural with these kinds of
things, but everyone is telling me I'm crazy. Someone said sage is
good-but maybe they were just telling me what I wanted to hear
2) Is it stupid to hike in SNEAKERS when I have never done that
before-always have used boots? Boots or sneaks?
3) No response yet to my WATER FILTRATION question. What method do
you all use?!!
4) Thanks, David, for the Tyvek. This list works--I'm all set now!
Sandi (sandi@bark-out.org)