[pct-l] Sisters, OR to Stehekin, WA

Today I returned from the trail and I have a new
favorite section: ALL of Washington.

I met 5 SoBo's but no NoBo's. Too early.

Goat Rocks didn't rock my world like I thought, it was
just too short. It took 5 hours to walk from Cibus Pass
until you walked off the edge of the north ridge.

However, Alpine Lakes and Glacier Peak Wilderness were
the absolute best of the PCT, imho.

The 40 miles south of Snoqualmie is grotesque, imho.

The bugs in South Goat Rocks were '3 Sisters Wilderness
bad'. After a large series of t-storms moved through,
the bugs for the rest of the trip were almost
non-existent, it was wierd.

My intent was to go to Manning, but I walked out of the
house without my drivers license. Can you say bonehead?
I'm sure some of you already have.

Anyways, 82 miles of the PCT left to do. Maybe next
year or when I'm 70.

What's the rush?

Scott Parks

---