[pct-l] Iditarod Racers use Alcohol Stoves

Hey, my sherpas worry about all that crap. I don't care what kind of stove
they use, as long as my damn tea is ready in the morning!

-----Original Message-----
From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Jerry Goller
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 10:00 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: RE:[pct-l] Iditarod Racers use Alcohol Stoves

Not necessarily. They use a lot of gear that through hikers don't use.
They are also much more interested in speed over weight when the weights
are that similar. I could think of a lot of reasons that a musher would
prefer alcohol over Esbits. But they wouldn't be reasons for me to chose
alcohol over Esbits. I've used both...a lot. But only through hiking. I
chose Esbits 4 or 5 years ago for the reasons I've always gave. Every
time someone sends me an alcohol stove I try it, just to be sure. I
always go back to Esbits. But feel free to carry what ever turns you
Jerry

 <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/> http://www.BackpackGearTest.org :
the most comprehensive interactive gear reviews and tests on the planet.