  To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
  Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 7:16 PM
  Subject: [pct-l] Bear Canisters

  I know this a sensitive subject but so is the weight in my pack , so I have a few direct questions. #1 What is the penalty for not carrying a bear can in required areas ? #2 How likely is that penalty to be unforced ? #3 Do bear cans have a resale value? And if so , does anyone have one for sale or interested in mine when I'm done with it? #4 Who's carrying what(as in bear bear cans of not)  in 2004 ?

  Thanks in advance for your comments.
  Jesse, 2004 Gonna be (Oh , and somebody please add me to the list thats being compiled)