[pct-l] money question

I'd like to know how much people spend on a thru-hike of the PCT.
The number I am interested in is not really the "total" cost. I'm looking for the amount spent "on the trail". Assume you already have all your gear, and that you can get to Campo and return from Manning Park.
So basically I want to know how much is spent on food and expenses along the trail. Trail expenses are food, lodging, mailing boxes, and replacement gear (am I forgetting anything?).
How much do folks usually spend over the course of the hike?

Thanks for your input :-)