[pct-l] northwest forest pass vs adventure pass

> im planning on coming down to central and southern cal in the next week or
two and am wondering about parking passes. i have a northwest forest pass
,and  really dont want to buy multipal passes.im not that concerned with
tickets i just dont want my car towed would this be a concern? and for what
it`s worth my pass is printed with a big volunteer logo would this help?
rob<

To be legit, you have to buy the Adventure Pass ($5/day or $30/year), which
is good only in four southern California forests (Cleveland, San Bernardino,
Angeles, and Los Padres).

Do you have to comply? Depends on whom you ask. Enforcement is spotty; those
rangers can't spend all their time writing citations. AFAIK, they just issue
citations; they don't tow vehicles.

This is a few years old, but it explains some of your options:
http://www.wildwilderness.org/docs/stone.htm
You'll find a much more thorough discussion, with lots of links, at
http://tchester.org/sgm/msc/fees/fees.html (These guy also has one of the
best sites for information about hiking in the San Gabriel Mountains.)